Monday, December 6, 2010

Squawker News: I'm in New York magazine this week!

Big news: my name is mentioned in this week's print and online editions of New York magazine (the Year in Culture issue). I'm cited in the "Dump Jeter" article. I'm very excited to have something I wrote talked about in a big magazine like that! Here's the scoop:


I wrote an article for The Faster Times last week, in which I wondered what would have happened if Alex Rodriguez hadn't opted out. Remember, his original contract would have been up the same time as Derek Jeter's.

Anyhow, writer Will Leitch saw my piece, and cited it in his article (incidentally, I didn't agree with his provocative idea of giving Jeter a one-year, $5 million deal, but I did agree with a lot of the other points that he makes in the piece.) Here is my name in lights, so to speak:

(Side note: On the website the Faster Times, writer Lisa Swan recently posited a nightmarish scenario the Yankees avoided: What if A-Rod didn’t opt out of his contract three years ago? That would have made A-Rod and Jeter high-profile free agents at the same time. And you thought the Jeter Chronicles were melodramatic.)
 Anyhow, just wanted to share the news. And yes, I will be buying the print edition of the magazine today!

What do you think? Tell us about it!

1 comment:

BrooklynGirl said...

Congrats Lisa on the NY Magazine mention. I have a subscription, so I will definitely look out for it. Keep up the good work!

Search This Blog