Friday, April 10, 2015

Contest: Rabble.TV giving you free jersey, alternative to Joe Buck

Squawker readers know how much certain baseball broadcasters drive me nuts. Now there is a solution to this issue: Rabble.TV. And to let our readers know about their new service, where you can mute the broadcasters and do your own squawking instead. Read on to learn about Rabble.TV and how you can win a free Yankees or Mets jersey!

 Know what’s pretty annoying? When the Yankees or Mets are the Fox National Game of the Week and we’re stuck with Joe Buck.

No more, baseball fans! Rabble.TV just launched its live audio streaming service and iOS app to give you alternative ways to listen to Yankees and Mets games this year. The games are broadcast by fellow passionate and (gasp!) knowledgeable fans just like you.

What’s even better is you can finally prove you’re better than Mr. Buck by broadcasting and commenting on games yourself. Having friends over during the games? Rabble.TV lets all of you comment, joke, jeer, and jest (think Mystery Science Theater 3000 for baseball).

So to celebrate Rabble’s launch and another season of Yanks and Mets baseball, we’re partnering with them to give one lucky fan a sweet jersey. The winner will get to choose any jersey priced at $79.95 or lower, including this sweet Doc Gooden throwback. (Jersey and sizes subject to availability on Fanatics.)

Here’s How to Enter to Win Your Free Jersey:

·         In the comments section below, give us your favorite, funniest, or most memorable Yankees or Mets opening day memory
·         We’ll select the best comment and contact the winner after Monday, April 13
·         Comments must be submitted by 11:59 ET on Sunday, April 12th

About Rabble.TV
·         Broadcast live Yankees and Mets games to listeners all over the world
·         Listen to passionate and humorous fan-created commentary on any TV show or sporting event
·         iOS mobile companion app lets baseball fans listen to games from anywhere, including those typically blacked out in your local market

·         You don’t need to audition for a broadcasting spot – just sign up and start Rabbling today

3 comments:

SaltyGary said...

Yankee home opener, with Clemens first home start as a Yankee. In the bleacher section and a high school kid was rocking a Mets hat. The bleacher folks asked the kid to take it off. The kid really didn't understand what environment he was in. He refused and the Hat turned into a Frisbee. I'm a Mets fan and caught the hat. Offered it back as long as he would put it away. He agreed but then in slo-mo put it back on his head. Needless to say he and his buddy had to run away shortly there after.

Unknown said...

My favorite Met opening day memory was the 2005 opening day at Shea. It was my first ever met game and I went with my grandfather, my dad, and my uncle. It was cool to be able to watch a game with three generations of my family. There was a lot of traffic that day and so little parking that we had to park all the way near the worlds fair. By the time we got to our seats, it was already the third inning. I got to see a great pitching matchup between Andy Pettitte and Tom Glavine. I will never forget watching David Wright smash a double. After that, I decided that Wright would be my favorite player and he still is to this day. Fortunately, the mets won that game 8-4, and I have been obsessed with the Mets ever since. I have been to countless games since then but this will always stick out in my memory because I got to spend it with my family.

Anonymous said...

My favorite Opening Day Moment is about to happen. I'm taking my two kids to their first Opening Day on Monday. I'm playing hooky from work, my older one is playing hooky from school, and my little one (who finally made it through her first game last season and I made sure her third word was "Mets") is coming as well. Win or lose, it should be a time we will all remember for a long time (but hopefully a win)!

Search This Blog