Friday, July 30, 2010

How A-Rod ruined my 'Jersey Shore' watching

Sorry I haven't written in a few days. What a "Situation." I got in a little bit of a jam when I decided to show up in Cleveland for the Yankees series with my brand-new LeBron James Miami Heat jersey. For some strange reason, fans didn't really handle it well, and they ran me out of the stadium. The nerve!

Seriously, I've been watching all the games this week. And guess what? While I'm happy the Yankees have been mostly winning, even I'm sick of A-Rod and this 600 homer quest. (I have plans tonight, so my guess is that A-Rod will hit it this evening, when I'm not watching!)

Anyhow, last night I was all set to watch the season premiere of "Jersey Shore" live. It was on at 10 p.m. You would think a game that started at 7 p.m. would be over in time for me to do this, right? Um, no. The Yankee game went on, and on, and on, with yet another at-bat by A-Rod to hit #600. Between that, and Chan Ho Park's lousy pitching, I didn't get to watch "Jersey Shore" live. Bummer. I do have the show taped, though, but I haven't watched it yet. So please, don't tell me any spoilers!)

One other thought - notice how Cleveland third baseman Andy Marte shut the Yankees down in the ninth? The Yankees just can't hit against pitchers they've never seen before, even if the pitchers are really position players!

What do you think? Tell us about it!

2 comments:

Uncle Mike said...

Here's a spoiler for "Jersey Shore": It stinks as much as Chan Ho Park's pitching. But at least they've got better hair than the Seattle-era Randy Johnson.

What's the difference between Alex "A-Rod" Rodriguez and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino? 599 homers, and A-Rod doesn't wear his World Series ring on his pinky.

I don't need to watch "Jersey Shore." I've seen it live, many times over the last 30-odd years. You remember what Times Square was like before Rudy and Disney cleaned it up? Well, imagine that on a beach-town boardwalk, with souvenir stands replacing the X-rated movie houses, and you've got Seaside Heights -- it even has a big video board in the middle. If you can get through the winos, that is.

It was mentioned in today's Star-Ledger that A-Rod is 9-for-30 since his last homer. That's a batting average of an even .300. As I said, I'd love to be in that kind of slump. The man is helping us win games, so who cares how?

But Tony Paige said on WFAN that whoever the Yanks play in the postseason should just shelve their starters and start all brand-new rookies. That would violate roster-eligibility rules, but Bud Selig would probably look the other way, wouldn't he?

alliswell said...

Lisa, sorry you didn't get to see A-Rod hit #600. But don't get sick and tired of it...this is fun. Try to enjoy the ride without rushing to the destination. Whether it's A-Rod's 600th or just life in general, what's the rush?

A-Rod is swinging the bat well--he just wants to hit the big one on his own terms. He has that right. As long as the Yankees are winning--and they are--he wants his moment to be a special moment. And, most definitely, not one that happens in a half-empty, rained out Yankee Stadium or in an insignificant ballpark against an insignificant team.

In spite of the media and other A-Rod critics attributing his "failure" to pressure, I don't buy it. His poor acting job and feigned disappointment doesn't fool me. So sit back and watch what happens.

Search This Blog