Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh Manny! Some songs which sum up Manny Ramirez

In response to Manny Ramirez's 50-game suspension, mobile music site mSpot.com sent Subway Squawkers a list of five ringtones that sum up the the Manny mess. Their site lets you edit your own ringtones to the part of the song you want, so mSpot picked the most applicable lyrics for each ringtone choice.

Anyhow, I can't resist posting this list, and adding a few of my own:

1. Stars Are Blind (Paris Hilton): “…some people never get beyond their stupid pride…”

2. Before you Accuse Me (Eric Clapton): “Before you accuse me take a look at yourself…”

3. Rehab (Amy Winehouse): “When I come back you’ll know, know, know…”

4. Blame It (Jamie Foxx feat. T Pain): “I ain’t sayin what you won’t do but you know what we’re probably gonna do…”

5. Wasn't Me - Shaggy: “Never admit to a word…”

I have a few other suggestions of my own for Manny's ringtone, focused on the fact that he took the female fertility drug human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG):
  • "Man, I Feel Like a Woman": Shania Twain
  • "Mother's Little Helper": The Rolling Stones
  • "Having My Baby": Paul Anka
What songs fit Manny Ramirez - or any other baseball player, for that matter. Leave us a comment!

3 comments:

The Emperor said...

For Manny, how about:

"Arms Wide Open", by Creed

The Emperor said...

Or better yet:

"Papa Dont' Preach" by Madonna..

..."I've made up my mind/I'm keeping my baby..."

Anonymous said...

haha, good stuff!

Search This Blog