Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hooray! Yankees clinch playoff berth

How about those Yankees? They not only make it into the playoffs again, they win in Anaheim last night. WIll wonders never cease?

I didn't stay up for the entire game, so I watched the replay this morning - but it was one of the more gratifying wins of the year. They finally got that winning in Anaheim monkey (or is that rally monkey?) off their back.

After watching the Yanks not make the playoffs last year, I hope fans will never take a playoff spot for granted again. So I'm very excited over this season, although I'll be much more excited when the Yankees clinch the division title, most likely against the Red Sox this weekend.

Speaking of which, it's your last chance to enter the FanSnap Yankees/Red Sox haiku contest - it ends at 5 p.m. today.

What do you think? Leave us a comment!

2 comments:

Bklynfan said...

I didn't see the whole game either - was very excited this AM when I heard the good news. Now to win the AL East!!

Jonmouk71 said...

Hey Lisa - I happen to be in Anaheim - but unfortunately, had a work dinner last night and couldn't steal away to go to the game. One of my co-workers (also out here and a Met fan to boot) did go - I asked him how the game was and he said, "The game was awesome......until the 9th inning." Meaning it was awesome when the Angels came back to tie the game, but not so awesome when the Yanks scored in the 9th and Mo closed it out.

Search This Blog