Friday, September 11, 2009

Want tickets for tonight's Yankee game? Better dig deep

If there is a Yankee game tonight - if it actually does happen, that is, with all the wind and the rain going on today - Derek Jeter may very well break Lou Gehrig's record. But if you want to see the game, it's gonna cost you.

According to FanSnap.com, the average price of a Yankees ticket for tonight's game on the secondary market went from $80 to $208 after Jeter's three-hit night Wednesday to tie Lou Gehrig's Yankee hits record. Yikes! Guess I won't be going.

Of course, if tonight is rained out, there's always Saturday's game. But those ticket prices seem to be going up as well, as fans wonder if there will be a game tonight, and snap up tix tomorrow just in case.

* * *

In other news, today, of course, is the eighth anniversary of 9/11/01, the date of the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history.

In remembering 9/11, my own story is boring but unique. I worked nights at the time, so I was asleep until noon. When I woke up, I heard the horrible news, but at first I thought my alarm clock radio was talking about the anniversary of when the World Trade Center was previously attached.

It wasn't until I got online that I saw that both the WTC and the Pentagon were hit. But I didn't quite believe that the WTC was really gone until I went outside and saw two huge plumes of smoke where the Twin Towers used to be.

I pass the Staten Island WTC memorial frequently when I go walking, and I always try to remember those who lost their lives on that awful day, as I'm thinking about them today.

What do you think? Leave us a comment!

No comments:

Search This Blog