Sunday, March 21, 2010

Darryl Strawberry: The only reason I'm watching "Celebrity Apprentice"

I'm not exactly a big Donald Trump fan - his hair is annoying, and his business acumen overrated - but I'm watching his "Celebrity Apprentice" show this season for one reason - to see Darryl Strawberry.

And while the Mets - or is that Yankees - legend - hasn't been a big part of the first two episodes, he did have an exchange with The Donald tonight that made me laugh.

Trump asked Straw about an event for one of the challenges, where the baseball legend posed for photos wearing his Mets jersey. Strawberry said a lot of people asked him why he wasn't wearing a Yankee jersey - after all, he did win three rings with New York.

"You were a Met, you were a Yankee," Trump says to Strawberry. "Where is your allegiance?"

"New York," Darryl replied.

Spoken like somebody who likes having fans on both sides of the Yankee-Met rivalry!

Is Darryl Strawberry a Met or a Yankee? Squawker Jon and I have had this argument a time or two before. I say that the three Yankee rings speak for themselves!

Anyhow, I hope Straw plays a bigger part in future episodes, as the rest of the show isn't all that interesting to me. Give me "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" anyday!

What do you think? Tell us about it!

Photo by dnkbdotcom

No comments:

Search This Blog