Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yankees finally lose a game, but Jeter sets record

Bummer. The Yankees finally have a West Coast game in the afternoon we can all get to watch, and they lose. But at least Derek Jeter set the all-time hits record for a shortstop.  

That was one of those records I thought Cal Ripken Jr. was the owner of or something. Congrats to Jeter on the record. He is having a very good year this season, and has looked better defensively than he has in a while.

In other news, I missed real dollar bills getting thrown at A-Rod Saturday. I'm surprised there wasn't a  riot in Seattle trying to grab the money!

Check out my piece for The Faster Times about Johnny Macchione, the knuckleheaded Cubs fan who dumped a beer on Shane Victorino's head.

I'll have more to say tomorrow, including about Squawker Jon  and I meeting some real-life celebrities this weekend. But you'll have to come back and read it.

What do you think? Leave us  a comment!

No comments:

Search This Blog