Friday, November 20, 2009

This Squawker steps into the "Twilight Zone"

Heads up - I recently started up another blog, Swan Squawking, as a place for all my non-sports-related musings. Coming soon - my thoughts on the new TV show "Glee," which I just started watching.

You also may remember that Squawker Jon and I are big fans of "The Twilight Zone" and Jon has made "Twilight Zone"-related comparisons this year about Derek Jeter and the Mets' season. So in honor of the show's 50th anniversary, I wrote something for my own amusement about my favorite overlooked episodes.

Everybody remembers "To Serve Man" or "It's a Good Life." Those are two of my favorites, as are "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?," and "A Stop at Willoughby." But there are also many very good episodes which aren't as well-remembered, but are still worth watching. Check out To serve readers: Ten forgotten "Twilight Zone" episodes you need to see.You can watch some of these episodes online at CBS.com

Squawker-related note - my late father and show creator Rod Serling both were World War II paratroopers in the 11th Airborne, 511th Parachute Infantry Regiment, in the South Pacific. But they were in separate companies, so they never met.

What do you think? Tell us about it!

4 comments:

Jason said...

This is a great sports blog you have here. I have two sports blogs myself. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around. We sports bloggers have to stick together.

Let me know if this is possible.

Jason
SportsSoundOff.net
SPORTSMONARCH.com

Anonymous said...

....................................................................................................

BklynSoxFan said...

Finally something we have in common, Lisa! I have my own Top 20 list on my blog of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, and I get hits on my blog about it all the time. Nice post about the "forgotten 10."

BklynSoxFan said...

Lisa, here is my Top 20:

http://quinnmedia.blogspot.com/2008/01/top-20-favorite-twilight-zone-episodes.html

Search This Blog