Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thoughts on the Yankees parade, and the aftermath of 2009

I wrote a piece for The Faster Times about what I saw at the parade. Check out the article - and great photos, courtesy of William Helms, a fellow Yankee fan, here.

It's strange not having Yankee games to watch! Still can't quite believe the season is over, and that it ended so successfully? After all the misery of the past few years, it's pretty joyous. Have lots of Yankee-related stuff I want as gifts.

Speaking of which, I do have to laugh at all the Yankee-related marketing SI is doing to Yankee fans. Sorry, buying a magazine that features Tom Verducci and Selena Roberts as columnists isn't exactly on my to-do list. (Speaking of Selena, is she is in some secure undisclosed location these days? A-Rod has this amazing year, and not a peep out of her? What's up with that?)

I watched Letterman to see Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, and Andy Pettitte. Missed Joba Chamberlain on Jimmy Fallon. And then I watched Saturday Night Live hoping that a Yankee would be on. After all, producer Lorne Michaels is a huge Yankee fan. No such luck. I sat through that unfunny nonsense for nothing. Taylor Swift was the host/musical guest. In case you don't know who she is, she's the country artist so bland that she makes Carrie Underwood look like Amy Winehouse.

So, I'm wondering if we'll see Yankees on TV this winter. Will more Yanks make random appearances, like A-Rod on Oprah? Guess we'll see soon enough.

What do you think? Tell us about it!

No comments:

Search This Blog