Monday, November 2, 2009

Why I don't think the Yankees will win tonight

I know we're all eager to see the Yankees win No. 27 tonight, but I don't think it will happen just yet. I think they're going to end up clinching at home. Here are my reasons why:

* Cliff Lee on regular rest vs. A.J. Burnett on short rest: I know A.J.'s numbers (small sample size, of course - even smaller than originally thought) are very good in such situations. But even workhorse Sabathia was laboring last night on short rest. Could the same happen to A.J.?

* Weaker lineup: With Burnett batting, Jose Molina hitting, and a hurting Melky Cabrera out of the lineup, the lineup is even weaker than the one the Yankees used in Game 1 against Lee.

* Phillies pfight: I just don't see the Phillies going down that easy. Even the Angels battled the Yanks to six games. I will be very surprised if Philly doesn't.

* Reverse jinx: Never misunderestimate the power of the reverse jinx!

What do you think? Leave us a comment!

No comments:

Search This Blog