Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thoughts on the Subway Series sweep

When Squawker Jon and I went to get on the subway after Friday night's Subway Series game, a gleeful Yankee fan spotted Jon's Johan Santana shirt and opined, "It's all fun and games until you play the Yankees!" I snickered; Jon fumed. And that was only after the Mets lost just one game. Getting swept was not exactly in their game plan!

So yes, I did jinx the no-hitter for the Yanks. I'm not just a jinx for the Mets; I jinx things on my own team!

Did John Sterling go back to back to back, and belly to belly to belly, in talking about the three Yankee homers in a row? He must have had a field day with it.

One of the highlights of the game on Friday was when Randy Jones of the Village People was there at the game, and on camera, during the playing of YMCA. He looks fantastic!

I was listening to sports radio on Saturday, and heard caller after caller complain about Nick Swisher supposedly rubbing it in with his dugout celebrating. Hmmmm, I never remember any of these Mets fans ever complaining about Jose Reyes' excessive celebrating when he was a Met!

As for the rest of the weekend, the FOX broadcasts keep on getting worse and worse. Can we get Tim McCarver out of the booth already? ESPN came to its senses about Joe Morgan, but they keep McCarver in year after year. What, exactly, does he have to offer the modern fan anymore than old tired stories about Bob Gibson?

Anyhow, now it's time for me to do the Snoopy Dance over the Yankees sweeping the Mets. Sorry, Jon!

No comments:

Search This Blog