Friday, May 29, 2015

50 Cent's worst first pitch ever and other clips I never get tired of

It was a year ago this week. Rapper 50 Cent threw out the first pitch at the May 27, 2014 Mets game. And Fitty, aka Curtis Jackson, was just a bit outside -- make that a lot outside! As Mets broadcaster Gary Cohen said, his first pitch "was not great." But it is great as far as one thing -- it always puts a smile on my face!

And you know what? I wonder if 50 deliberately threw this worst first pitch ever so people would talk about him and remember his then-upcoming concert at Citi Field? If he had just done a mediocre first pitch, it would have been forgotten. But with this incredibly bad first pitch, he became a legend!



Anyhow, I can never get enough of seeing that pitch. And it got me to thinking about what are my go-to clips that I watch to make me laugh, or just to put a smile on my face. Here are my all-time faves:

Did you know that Aaron Paul, aka Jesse from "Breaking Bad," was once a contestant on "The Price Is Right"? No joke! Watch him come on down and make it out of Contestant Row. "You're the man, Bob," Paul screams, "You're my idol!" I also like when he screams at the end, "I get to spin the wheel, right?"

You know, "Breaking Bad" fans wonder what happened to Jesse after he drove off. I would like to think he was on his way to Burbank to be on "The Price Is Right"!





There are a lot of "Peanuts" references in this blog -- I say "good grief" all the time, and both Jon and I reference about the cartoon classics a lot. This clip has the gang dancing to "Hey Ya." It is awesome!

My dream is to do a video to act out the dance scene to this music with real-life people. I got dibs on being the curly-haired girl in the back left!





You know, Pete Campbell, my favorite character on "Mad Men," had a lot of great comic moments on the show. "Not great, Bob" is a classic. But the clip I love best of him is when he and wife Trudy do the Charleston. It is sweet and charming and funny. Would love to do this in a party in real life!




The last clip is definitely not safe for work, due to language. For me, it is also not safe for work because I laugh so hard at it, and cannot stop. It features clips from the Barney kids' TV show with the characters singing and dancing to...N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton"!



No comments:

Search This Blog