Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How this Yankee fan became a Mets VIP

Guess what? I'm in with the in-crowd in Metsland. And it's all because I spent 97 cents on Mets tickets!

Here's the deal. Squawker Jon was all pleased last week when he got an email from the Mets saying this:
Dear Mets Ticket Buyer on StubHub:

As a Mets ticket purchaser on StubHub during the 2009 season, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive "Pre-Sale" opportunity to purchase single game tickets to 2010 Mets regular season home games (excluding only the Subway Series) in advance of our general public sales opening on Sunday, March 7.....

A limited number of tickets for Opening Day, April 5 will be available in the Pre-Sale. You may purchase a maximum of four tickets for Opening Day, subject to availability.
Little did he know that I got the very same "exclusive" letter, thanks to me digging deep last season and buying us Mets tickets for 97 cents each. We even got the same pre-sale code!

So tickets go on sale this morning at 10 a.m., and I've been furiously going through the promotion schedule, trying to figure what great giveaway day I should aim for with my pre-sale opportunity. Should I try to get the Johan Santana koozie? The Dunkin' Donuts gift card? The Jose Reyes drawstring bag? Maybe the Jason Bay bobblehead is where it's at.

What about August 1, the date for the Mets 2010 Hall of Fame Induction? Which members of the Brooklyn Dodgers will Fred Wilpon honor this time - Duke Snider? Pee Wee Reese? Oh, wait, there are actually going to be Mets honored! Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden are the two biggest names. Of course, both have more World Series rings as Yankees than as Mets, but I digress.

Maybe I should try for Mets Opening Day tickets, which are shockingly still available. When the Yankees hold their Opening Day this season, they'll hoist their 2009 World Championship flag. I hear that the Mets will put up their own flag to commemorate their 2009 season - the Red Cross flag!


What do you think? Tell us about it!

2 comments:

Michael Fuchs said...

what's the password?

Lisa Swan said...

Sorry, can't give it to you.

Search This Blog