Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yankees win: Four down, seven to go!

Were the Yankees lucky or good? A little bit of both last night. CC Sabathia, actually, wasn't just good - he was great. He was so big - it was playoff big! How cool was it to hear the CC chants? Although my cat C.C. was a little perturbed. She did give the starter some grudging credit, but she still thinks he should use periods with his initials!

One of our Squawker readers wondered if CC had lost weight since the beginning of the year. He looks the same to me,  but maybe other people see things differently.

As for luck, they say luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. And that typifies last night's game. As my brother pointed out, Johnny Damon scored from second when the Angels missed that popup because he was motoring as soon as the ball was hit.

On the other hand, I really wasn't crazy about A-Rod's play at home. If he had gotten injured there, it would have been devastating. Somebody with his hip injury shouldn't be taking any chances.

I didn't get to go to the game (the prices on StubHub didn't drop enough to fit my very low price range, and I couldn't find anything on yankees.com), but I was rocking the Snuggie at home while watching the game. I did think about wearing the Snuggie to the Stadium if I got tickets, though! Heck, it looked like Kate Hudson was wearing one last night (or maybe that was a Slanket!)

In other news, I'm watching my Texas Longhorns against the hated Oklahoma Sooners in the Red River Shootout. And people think Yankees-Red Sox is intense!

What do you think? Leave us a comment! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I'm not a big college football fan but good luck to your alma mater, the Texas Longhorns. Looks like the game will be played tonight, weather channel predicts a 50% chance of rain. Hope we win tonight and go into Anaheim with a 2-0 series lead.

rakeback said...

Sabathia has been dominant all year, and so its no surprise that he has continued that in the post-season. After the All-Star break last year he was the best player in the National League for the Brewers.

Search This Blog