Monday, October 12, 2009

A-Rod's "Blueprint," and the Sox's tackiness

I've written several pieces for The Faster Times on the playoffs you might want to check out.

First, the Sox really tempted fate - and lost - when they had 1986 playoff hero Dave Henderson throw out the first pitch against the Angels. Didn't Boston remember how badly that ended for the Yankees in 2004, when the Bombers dragged out Bucky Dent for Game 7? Anyhow, here are my thoughts on that.

Then there's A-Rod's new October attitude. Is it fueled by his new theme song, a Jay-Z tune?

I also lobbied for keeping Joba Chamberlain in the bullpen - for good.

And I noted that Matt Holliday isn't the only goat in St. Louis.

Finally, I mocked Chip Caray's line drive base hit call.

    3 comments:

    Paul from Boston said...

    I'm guessing this is the last time a past hero will throw out the first pitch of an elimination game - at least for either of our teams! I made the same comment about Bucky Dent when I saw the Henderson first pitch.

    I'll have to catch up on the articles later.

    Uncle Mike said...

    So bringing back Aaron Boone for the ALCS is out? I also blogged about the Henderson/Dent connection. The difference is, Dent is a Yankee, and a Yankee Hero, because his homer led to a World Championship. While Henderson was one strike away from becoming a god in New England. That he did not become one is no fault of his own. And he did play for a World Series winner in Oakland.

    A-Rod keeps hitting like this, he can play any song he wants. Even something off of Tim McCarver's new album. (He redoes Frank Sinatra's "There Used to Be a Ballpark.")

    Any song he wants, that is, except anything from the collected works of Lady Gaga. I am so sick of her. I'd like to poke HER face. She makes Britney Spears sound like Barbra Streisand.

    Thinking about it, I'm getting farklempt... Tawk amongst y'selves... I'll give you a topic: The Yankee Stadium facade is neither Yankee, nor a stadium, nor a facade. Discuss.

    Paul from Boston said...

    First, I'd be very surprised if bringing in Boone will be necessary. Not that my predictions are ever that close, but I'm thinking Yankees in 5, maybe 6.

    Second, not sure Boone would be the right fit since he wasn't a hero against the Angels - if he was even a hero at all since the Yankees didn't get a world championship that year.

    So what's the thought? Joba back to a starter in the ALCS? If not, what's the opinion on the rotation?

    Search This Blog