Monday, July 30, 2012

Yankees/Red Sox weekend roundup: What was up with Bobby Valentine throwing his gum?

I was with Squawker Jon on Saturday night, and I was fuming as much as Mark Teixeira was at the Yankees losing to the Red Sox -- Teixeira looked like his head was going to explode after hitting the home run off nemesis Vicente Padilla, yet the Yanks still ended up losing the game. But I was positively befuddled over the Yanks losing again last night, and to add insult to injury, I was flummoxed by Bobby Valentine throwing the gum he was chewing in what looked like the direction of the crowd after he was ejected from the game!

Can you imagine sitting at the Yankee game, minding your own business, only to be hit by a wad of gum covered by the drool of the Red Sox manager? Talk about Bubble Yuck! I have a weak stomach, and it was making me sick to see that on TV, let alone be near it in person. Where was the media followup on what happened to the gum? Do we have a Double Bubble Trouble scandal brewing? Enquiring minds want to know!

Frankly, Valentine looked like a lobotomized version of himself for most of the season. Now Bobby V is back to the trash talk -- he told the media last night that the Yankees might not make the playoffs, and that the Sox might win the division! Whatta clown. That's why the Yanks needed to win this series -- to wipe that smirk off his face!

I saw that Josh Beckett got ejected from last night's game, too. Guess he could get started on his late dinner of fried chicken and beer.

Speaking of chicken, I am in a foul mood this morning. Andy Pettitte reportedly suffered a setback with his injured ankle. That's what happens when you get old. (I should know!)

What do you think? Tell us about it!


No comments:

Search This Blog