Finally! With Yankees Opening Day happening in just a few minutes, we're finally going to see real baseball. I must confess that I don't really get excited over watching spring training games. I don't think I watched more than a small amount of them this year. We're talking about practice, as Allen Iverson would say:
Anyhow, I guess I should do some predictions for the Yankees season. I'm not going to do like everybody else does, though, this year, with predicting standings, number of games won, etc. I will predict the following things, in a more quirky style:
* An angry Derek Jeter will be, um, "Driven" to have a great year, and prove the naysayers who think his best days are behind him wrong.
* Ian O'Connor will write at least three more stories about Jeter without mentioning his book about him. Then, when "The Captain" book comes out, ESPN New York will run an excerpt of the book!
* There will be at least four fallacious A-Rod/Cameron Diaz stories in the media. I will feel compelled to debunk at least two of them.
* Joba Chamberlain will be a nonfactor, and will get traded by July.
* As usual, A.J. Burnett will cause all sorts of mixed emotions in Yankeeland. Hoping it's more positive than negative!
I will probably come up with some more, but the game's about to start!
What do you think? Tell us about it!