Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Guess What? There Are Still Yankees Opening Day Tickets Available!

What's going on in Yankeeland with the ticket market these days? It was shocking to me last year that I was able to get tickets for below face value on StubHub for Game 5 of the ALCS. Now I see in the Bergen Record that there are reasonably-priced tickets available on StubHub for Opening Day. I checked for myself, and sure enough, there are tickets starting at around $24 for grandstand seats.

And not only that, but the Yankees themselves still have tickets available for Opening Day, albeit the pricey seats. The Bergen Record article sez that "the Yankees’ own website was selling tickets at face value for the $350 Delta Sky 360 section and for the $625 Legends Suites section — the latter being the best seats in the house, right behind home plate." Wow! You'd think Opening Day would be a sellout, but apparently not -- yet!

I don't know what to make of this. Is this a sign that fans are not quite as psyched for this year's team than they were in previous years? I'm not sure, but I'm bummed I have something to do tomorrow morning, which will keep me from going to the game in person!

What do you think? Tell us about it!

1 comment:

nutballgazette said...

First thought is that there is not much excitement this season the Yankees prospects in 2011, But really I think this is more because of the economy that continues to get worst contrary to what the talking heads on CNBC, Fox Buisness and the Gov't says.

Search This Blog