My side hasn't won very much lately, but I did beat Lisa in one area - predictions. Lisa had Yankees in seven, while I had Yankees in six. She was willing to give the Phillies more credit than I was!
Many of my other predictions also panned out:
- A-Rod will have a great Series, but will not win MVP.
- Johnny Damon will do well enough that the Yankees will want to bring him back next year.
- Nick Swisher will be benched for at least one game.
- Jayson Werth will be much better known by the end of the Series.
- Cliff Lee will have a better Series than CC Sabathia.
- Pedro Martinez will pitch well, but I agree with Squawker Lisa that Brad Lidge will blow the game.
These two I would like to have back:
- If Joe Girardi goes to a three-man rotation, he will regret it. Start Sabathia on three days rest if you want, but have Chad Gaudin start Game 5.
- Jimmy Rollins will do well because he loves sticking it to New York.
Squawker Lisa has the last laugh - she will be there bright and early for her first ticker-tape parade since the days of Sister Claire. If you are planning to go to the parade, let us know.