Friday, June 4, 2010

I saw the end of the Dave Trembley era at Yankee Stadium

I was at my first Yankee game of the season this year yesterday. This was thanks to Squawker reader Barbra getting tickets for us from Jennie, another Squawker reader and partial season ticket holder. We had great seats - upper deck, right behind home plate, last row. The overhang protected us from the sun, and we felt a breeze from the AC compressor thingy.

As for the game itself, it was great to see CC Sabathia get his first win in a month. And to see A-Rod hit a homer. And to see the Yankees win. (And yes, it does count, even it was against the Orioles!)

It also was O's manager Dave Trembley's last game - he was fired today. Wonder what the value is in having a ticket stub is for that historic occasion!

We had a great time at the game except for one thing, which I will write about later today.

What do you think? Tell us about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa ...

I was at the game yesterday too. Section 420A right behind home plate. My daughter treated me for my bday. I'm happy the boys made my day that much better with the win .. :o). Spending time with my daughter at a Yankee game makes for a terrific bday (she also treated me to dinner..yummy)

Let's hope the winning streak continues ...

Go Yankees 2010 !!

Uncle Mike said...

Poor Trembley, he never had a chance.

One of these days, Peter Angelos is going to have to get over the fact that the Washington Nationals are just 40 miles away and start spending the kind of money he did that got the Orioles to the Playoffs in 1996 and 1997. And I don't just mean on stars' salaries, but on a decent scouting and minor-league system, too. If he's not willing to do that, he'd better find someone who is and sell them the team.

I kind of miss seeing the Orioles in the mix late in the season. But I'm still glad we swept 'em. And now they have to face the Red Sox and then the Yankees at Comedown Yards. Maybe Juan Samuel (never imagined him as a big-league manager) can pull an Earl Weaver and soak the tarp so they get rainouts.

Search This Blog