Friday, December 19, 2008

Yankees serve Alphabet Soup for lunch with CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett

So, I watched the Alphabet Soup press conference on tape. Much like CC Sabathia said he got chills when telling his real estate agent that he is a Yankee, I got chills hearing him sound excited about wanting to be a Yank. My favorite part was hearing CC talk about how Brian Cashman knew the layout of Sabathia's house from seeing him on MTV's "Cribs."

I have to say I really like Sabathia's personality, and think he will be a nice addition to the Yanks just for that (not to mention that he's a heck of a pitcher.) Given that CC was rocking those big diamond earrings at the presser, I'm wondering if the Yankees style codes are going to be relaxed this year. Will Sabathia get to wear his baseball cap askew?

The only naysayer is my cat, C.C. - she was hissing at the screen over somebody stealing her name!

As for the other initialed pitcher, A.J. Burnett, he was as more likeable than I expected. Seeing him with his kids in Yankee gear was cute.

Let's hope all this era of good feeling translates to the field. There are only 56 days to pitchers and catchers!

This very good day for the Yankees was capped by Boston Red Sox owner John Henry making a big announcement about Mark Teixeira:
"We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him," Henry said in an e-mail time-stamped 10:45 p.m. "After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor."
Will Teixeira be a Yankee? Dare to dream!


What did you think of the press conference? Tell us about it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Red Sox saying their out of the bidding for Tex may very well just be a bluff, Lisa. If the Red Sox offered him $23 Million per year for 8 years as Jonmouk71 posted yesterday, are the Yankees really going to try and top that? If so, that'd be dangerously close to A-Rod numbers and I don't know if A-Rod would mind sharing the title of the baseball player with the world's largest contract with someone else, especially on the same team.

But...If Cashman really is gonna pull that rabbit out of the hat, I'd be happier beyond belief. That would satisfy all my Christmas presents on my wishlist from the Yankees this year.

Anonymous said...

Well, technically A-Rod would still be the richest becuase his contract is for 10 years, and Tex is being offered 8...unless the Yanks also offer him 10 years...

Anonymous said...

As far as a nickname ..I kinda like the "ABC Aces". I know it's early but I was impressed by both of them after the many interviews I watched and read. I hope they are the missing links for our next Championship...along with Wang, Joba and I'm feeling Pettitte.

Happy Holidays to all and their loved ones ...Go Yankees 2009 !!

Anonymous said...

I don't buy that the Bosox are out of this. Their "dropping out" is a feint to throw Cashman off - so he won't try to bid on Tex or make a retaliatory bid on Manny.

Anonymous said...

I can't figure the Red Sox out. Maybe they want to keep Lowell and Youkilis at their positions and don't need Teixeira that badly. But then why make an offer at all? Kind of weird. I wish we were getting Tex but I just don't see it. And I, too, got a good feeling after watching the press conference with CC and AJ. They looked like they were having fun - what a concept.

Search This Blog