Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here's the ad that was too hot for the Yankee front office


As Subway Squawkers readers know, friend of the blog Jane Heller wrote a most excellent book about the Yankees called "Confessions of a She-Fan." She tried to buy an ad in the Opening Day program about the book, complete with a blurb from yours truly.

But, as Page Six reported, the Yankee front office turned her book down - apparently it was too controversial. An outrage!

Anyhow, the blog It Is High! It Is Far! It Is Caught! suggested that fellow Yankee bloggers run the ad today, in a sign of solidarity with Jane. I am happy to do so. Click here to see a bigger version of the ad. I also have an interview with Jane, which I will put up tonight.

Fortunately, Jane's ad is going to get to run in USA Today's Sports Weekly commemorative edition on the Stadium. Can't wait to see the ad!

What do you think? Leave us a comment!

2 comments:

Uncle Mike said...

Lisa, there's another website I'm on that has an ad from that company, and it's even racier, showing (I think) the same model, lying down, presumably in bed, with a little more, how can I put this... mammarial exposure. It's not obscene, but (at the risk of sounding like a male chauvinist pig) it's quite delightful.

That one is definitely not for the Yankee game program.

She-Fan said...

Thanks for sticking up for my ad, Lisa! I'm glad it ended up in the USA Today publication, which stays on newsstands all summer. I just wish the Yankees would lighten up sometimes.

Search This Blog