- We have lousy video - not only was the camera work horrible on Yogi Berra's first pitch, but it wasn't even aired live. And the introduction of the old-time Yankees didn't match the faces.
- We have Fox's "American Idol" representative in Kelly Clarkson (Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon, to name two artists, are Yankee fans. But we get Kelly Freaking Clarkson instead. I guess Sanjaya was busy.)
- We have the incessant shilling for products and amenities that have nothing to do with the game at hand. Yes, I'm sure there's all sorts of tasty treats at the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar. But I don't need to have half an inning wasted on hearing about it.
- We have more emphasis on a Bernie Williams interview than the game itself. I like Bernie an awful lot, and I like his new album. But I would still rather watch the game.
- And we have netting. Lots of netting. $1.5 billion on a stadium, and they couldn't figure out a better way to station the cameras. Are you kidding me?
Did I miss anything?