That guy irritated the heck out of me for several reasons:
- He was interfering with a Yankee trying to do his job
- He was so pleased at acting like a dope
- And then, when he realized he may not have done something so good, he threw the home run ball back!
As for Posada's homer, it seems that the Yankees are asking for trouble with having the fans so close to the outfield wall in this new park. It worked out this time, but what happens when, say, a Red Sox fan interferes with a Yankee trying to catch a ball?Or when a dopey Yankee fan interferes with a Yankee trying to catch a ball. What a clown.
* * *
That idiot fan is lucky that the Yankees won yesterday, and that after 14 innings, his silly move was an afterthought. But he wasn't the only person in the ballpark to do something wrongheaded:
- What was up with that play where Derek Jeter threw to home, when Jorge Posada was covering first?
- Or when Johnny Damon insisted that he got the ball instead of letting Derek Jeter catch it, only for Damon to drop the ball?
- Why is CC Sabathia laboring so much on the mound?
- And how could the Yankees claim with a straight face that over 43K people were at the game?
On a more positive note, how about Jose Veras' stellar pitching performance? And Melky Cabrera hitting two homers in the game?
It may have been a sloppy, painful game to watch, but at least the Yankees won. Even if there were about 500 people in the ballpark when it was over!
What do you think? Leave us a comment!