Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time to slam - and praise (?!) some Red Sox

I was saying last night on Facebook that seeing Jonathan Papelbon have that vacant, dopey look on his face after he gives up a homer never gets old. And it was so much fun to see that expression last night after he gave up that homer to Curtis Granderson. (You can see that vacant, dopey look on Papelbon's face in the postgame interview as well!)

Incidentally, I have never liked John Lackey - there is just something about his demeanor that gets on my last nerve. And he has managed to be even more annoying as a Red Sox.

Now that David Ortiz has finally gotten a hit - he drove in the Sox's only run - will the media stop hyperventilating over him a little? I'm not exactly his biggest fan, but even I think it's ridiculous. So I wrote an article for The Faster Times yesterday where I defended David Ortiz' outburst at the media over the way they've essentially decided his career is over. After two games.

Even Mariano Rivera, who faced him last night, had his back, saying, "I don't know what the big deal is," he said. "It's two games. It's ridiculous - for me, anyway."

Oh, and I saw that Don Zimmer is among the Boston "legends" who will be inducted into the Red Sox Hall of Fame this year. Yes, Zim, the manager who let his personal animus against Bill Lee cloud using him for the good of the team. Zimmer may have been a huge part of the Yankees' late 90s dynasty years - he was Torre's best bench coach - but as a Red Sox manager, he left something to be desired.

Wouldn't it be great if Boston's Prudential Building really did have the Yankee logo up? Alas, it is only a prank, done with special effects.




What do you think? Tell us about it!

1 comment:

nutballgazette said...

Cowherd just Punked Sully on that Photo.

Search This Blog