A few random observations about last night's win:
* Biggest thing I'm taking away from the evening was the excellent pitching performance by Javier Vazquez. I'm very happy that he did so well. I know it's the Mets, but still.
* But I'm not happy that he had to get taken out of the game after hurting his hand while bunting. I hate pitchers batting!
* And how about that Kevin Russo? It always seems like the newest Yankee does well in the Subway Series. Remember Tyler (The Yankee) Clippard shutting down the Mets?
* Whatever happened to David Wright, anyway? You know, the guy who beat the great Mariano Rivera a few years ago in the Subway Series? That player seems to be long gone. I used to see Yankee fans refer to the last season or two of Bernie Williams as him being The Ghost of Bernie Williams. Well, we're seeing The Ghost of David Wright now!
* Hmmmm, maybe Squawker Jon is right. Wright should give the Great Gazoo helmet a try again! Cervelli looks very cool in it when he's getting big hits!
What do you think? Tell us about it!