Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who's more annoying? Brett Tomko or Brett Favre?

As if I weren't in a bad enough mood over Monday night's Yankee loss to Brett Tomko (!), Brett Favre is deciding to unretire. Sheesh.

First, the Yanks. What a nightmare Monday's game was. It's one thing to have a stinker of a game like Sunday's, but Monday's was much worse. Brett Tomko seemed to have channeled Carl Pavano's vengeance model. And for the A's to shut out the Yankees in only the Bombers' fourth shutout of  the year is just plain wrong. I got angrier as the game went on.

Then there's the other Brett getting on my nerves. Please excuse me for this non-baseball rant, but Favre is sucking up all the sports media oxygen right now. He's going to hold the media hostage - again- with the "all Brettt Favre all the time" coverage, now that he's about to be a Minnesota Viking. Talk about somebody who doesn't know when to give it up. And in going to the Vikings, he isn't just burn that bridge with Green Bay - he's napalming it.

Aside from the fact that I find Favre overrated (for one thing, he has as many rings as Trent Dilfer does), I also find him completely insufferable. He's as obnoxious and as self-serving as Roger Clemens is. Good grief.

It also annoys me how ESPN and others always say his full name. It's never "Favre" or "Brett" but "Brett Favre." Why is that, anyway?

Rant over. But who do you find more annoying - Brett Favre or Brett Tomko? Vote in our poll, and leave us a comment!

8 comments:

The Cycle said...

100% agreement with you on Favre, I was very critical of Favre in my last blog post and like you, compared him with Clemens. Hopefully the words Pool Party and misremember come up in Favre's future.

Riddering said...

Tomko is annoying me more. For one, I watch ESPN very infrequently so if Favre is plugging up the airwaves I don't really notice.

But Tomko is the greater sports offendor not only for contributing to a shut-out game but also because I had nightmares about him winning the game. You see, I went to bed after A-Rod's bases-loaded AB and thus did not know the outcome. Well, in my dreams the game was tied and went on for a million innings. I was most shook up by Mo looking like death after a few thousand of my nightmare innings.

So Tomko is earning all my ire for robbing the Yanks of an easy win and robbing me of a good night's sleep!

Anonymous said...

I was about to log in to tell you to please rant about Brett Favre. You read my mind. Should'nt there be forced retirement in the NFL?

Dan said...

Lisa, you're spot on about Favre. Overrated both on the field and in the lockerroom.

As for your question though, getting shutout by Tomko is pretty bad.

Mohawk Chieftain said...

There has never been a professional football player who was more fun to watch. You go, Brett!

Anonymous said...

Brett Favre is god, you're right, he has only one ring, but broke almost all the records, and trent dilfer ain't nothing but a lucky bastard, so i obviously think brett tomko is more annoying.

Jorge Says No! said...

Hands down, Brett Favre.

At least Brett Tomko is not all over ESPN...

Uncle Mike said...

A couple of years ago, ESPN was still doing "The Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame." They did the top 5 reasons you can't blame the Falcons for trading Favre. All 5 reasons were Favre himself. He was no good in Atlanta, he couldn't get along with his coach, he was a disciplinary problem, and I forget what the other two reasons were. The point was, if the Falcons had kept him, he wouldn't have become what he became in Green Bay, and the Falcons probably wouldn't have reached the one Super Bowl they have reached.

Of course, they also might've avoided the Michael Vick situation...

Tomko is annoying, but he's just a blip on the radar screen. Favre takes up the whole screen, and it's about time this ex-Jet was shot down.

Search This Blog