Programming note: You can read my in-game rants about Yankees-Red Sox this weekend by adding me as a Facebook friend, or checking me out at Twitter. Last time around, I correctly predicted in Facebook and Twitter during the fifteen inning game that A-Rod would hit a walkoff homer.
Tonight, I'm predicting that Friday's game will not be a scoreless one!
Um, actually, I'm getting a late start on predictions this weekend. Last time around, I correctly predicted that:
* The Yanks would win Thursday and Friday
* The crowds would be the most intense and loud at the ballpark so far
* A-Rod would hit a homer and break his homerless streak
*, David Ortiz would be lawyered up and blame a supplement for his PED test result,
* Ortiz would hear bigtime boos
* Melky Cabrera would have an iconic moment
* And Squawker Jon would be in despair if the Yankees won the series (he's still in the fetal position!)
I was incorrect in predicting that:
* The Yankees would lose Game 3 and 4 (although I'm not exactly crying about being wrong on that!)
* Victor Martinez and Nick Swisher would have big moments
Anyhow, let me get going with my predictions for this weekend:
* The Yankees are winning 6-1 as I squawk, so it wouldn't be fair to make a specific prediction for tonight (besides, I would be a jinx in doing so!) I do think the Yankees will win the series, 2 games to 1, and seal up the division.
* I also think Kevin Youkilis will end up getting plunked again. And even if it's an accident, I could totally see him losing his temper and starting a brawl.
* David Ortiz will hit at least one homer. So will A-Rod.
* The ESPN and Fox announcers will be annoying. (Gotta have a prediction I am sure will come true!)
* Mark Teixeira will have an iconic series, and help his MVP chances.
* Jonathan Papelbon will be shaky, and then say something stupid in the postgame.
* And finally, Squawker Jon will continue to be in despair over the Yankees!
One other note - I'm so happy that Jerry Remy is back in action! He's my favorite member of Red Sox Nation.
What do you think? Leave us a comment!