A few thoughts while getting ready for today's game:
* For a game that the Yankees scored 20 runs in (incidentally, the game had the most total runs for the Yankees-Red Sox ever), I didn't feel confident that the Bombers would hang on until close to the end.
* Squawker Jon and Mets fans talk about the Good Ollie and the Bad Ollie Perez. Maybe we should start talking about the Good Bruney and the Bad Bruney. And boy, the Bad Bruney was painful to watch last night! Sergio Mitre didn't make pleasant viewing, either.
* How about Hideki Matsui - 7 runs, and 2 homers. He's having a pretty good swan song (no pun intended) for this season as a Yankee.
* I heard that even the Sox announcers noticed how much Joe West squeezed the Yankees at the plate!
* Happy 70th birthday, Carl Yastrzemski. I wish the Yankees and Red Sox would do some sort of Old Timers' Day with the two teams. I would pay to see it.
* I never want to hear about Yankee fans leaving early again, after seeing how empty Fenway Park was last night.
* Good news - Joe Buck is not broadcasting the game today. We're still stuck with Tim McCarver, though.
* Squawker Jon is going to see the 1969 Mets tribute today. The Wilpons must be asleep at the wheel, actually having a tribute to the team they own, and not the Brooklyn Dodgers!
* I wish Fox would bring back the players reading the lineups. That was always fun to watch.
What do you think? Leave us a comment!