Last month, I wrote how I was dreading another Yankees-Phillies World Series. The Phillies looked invincible with their H2O rotation. As for the Yankees:
The Yankees have had some ups and downs lately and there are no guarantees in the postseason, but is anyone really prepared at this point to predict Minnesota, Texas or Tampa Bay in the World Series?
And who would have predicted that both the Yankees and Phillies would miss out? It sounds too good to be true.
Now, instead of the same old tired faces in the World Series, there will be some welcome changes:
- Instead of "the Captain" (Jeter), we'll get "the Freak" (Tim Lincecum).
- Instead of Roy Halladay making his Series debut, we'll get Vladimir Guerrero making his Series debut.
- Instead of flawed superstar Alex Rodriguez, we'll get flawed superstar Josh Hamilton.
- Instead of Cliff Lee on the Phillies or Yankees, we'll get Cliff Lee on the Rangers.
- Instead of sour Shane Victorino, we'll get smiling Cody Ross.
- Instead of no Yankee facial hair, we'll get the black beards of the Giants.
- Instead of Haley Swindal singing "God Bless America," maybe we'll get Tammy Nelson and her giant hat.