Friday, October 8, 2010

Twin killing: Yankees go up 2-0 against Minnesota

I'm very happy the Yankees have won the first two games of the ALDS, and I'm particularly happy that Curtis Granderson and Lance Berkman were the big hitting heroes last night. (Not to mention that Andy Pettitte stepped up bigtime!) I heard that John Sterling said "Sir Lancelot Does It Again" about Berkman's homer!

But I did feel a little sorry for the Minnesota Twins yesterday, especially after hearing about all the steps they took to exorcise the demons after Game 1: Ron Gardenhire burned his uniform, Orlando Hudson's family did a prayer group, the players didn't eat that their usual waffle house, team leader (yes!) Carl Pavano suggested that they switch up the uniforms, etc., etc.

And while their fans did those idiotic "Yankees suck" chants, at least they are loyal, knowledgeable fans who show up to support their team, unlike what Tampa Bay has.

Yet the results were the same for the Twins, despite them yet again taking the lead first. Hopefully, the Yankees will put the nail in the Twins' coffin tomorrow (after 2004, I never stop worrying until the series is over, even if it's against Minnesota!) Never say never. Who would have thought that the Texas Rangers, who had won exactly one playoff game in three tries, would be up 2-0 against the Rays? Even DJ Kitty couldn't get the job done for Tampa so far!

What do you think? Tell us about it!

2 comments:

MONDOAS said...

Thanks for reminding us that this series isn't over. I truly believe that and 2004 was a lesson that we all should have taken for our own lives. As for the Twins, I can't help it but I never feel sorry for the opponent at all. They are grown men making good money and blessed to be playing a beautiful game so life can't be that bad. I have to admit that the Yankees are very lucky that Morneau is not playing which makes 2 straight years. Btw, do you ever wonder what it would have been like if Andy never left for Houston? I believe the aforementioned year would have ended differently. The guy is awesome and he is such a genuine person.

Uncle Mike said...

If Andy Pettitte had not left for Houston after 2003, it would be Red Sox fans complaining that the Yankees used steroids to win the 2004 World Series.

I just posted my Top 10 Best New York Coaches list, as a counterweight to my Top 10 Worst. Sometime this weekend, I hope to have the Top 10 Best Executives as well. Believe it or not, Number 1 on my Best Coaches List managed the Mets! (I think you can guess who it was. Not Bobby Valentine.)

Search This Blog