Friday, October 15, 2010

This ALCS series will be no cakewalk for Yankees

I get frustrated when I hear Yankee fans -- or read New York sportswriters -- dismiss any playoff competition as an EZ-Pass or something. While the Bombers are a better team than the Texas Rangers, being the better team doesn't guarantee a playoff win. Or we wouldn't have the 83-win St. Louis Cardinals as the 2006 World Champions.

Anyhow, I think the Yankees will win the ALCS, but I will say it's in seven games, just to be on the safe side (I cautiously predicted the Yanks would win the ALDS in five games). But WhatIfSports, the sports simulation site, ran the series 1,001 times and determined that the Rangers will win!

I wrote an article for The Faster Times about WhatIfSports -- please check it out.

And also read my piece on the Rangers' whole "claw and antlers" thing. Squawker Jon has his own set of hand signals when it comes to watching Yankees games, too!

What do you think? Tell us about it.

No comments:

Search This Blog