Cash told this to Kevin Kernan of the New York Post (hat tip to WasWatching ) and emphasis added:
The "Brady Bunch" is his inspiration? What, is Cashman going to have A-Rod get hit in the face with a football and scream, "Oh, my nose"? Is Joe Girardi going to be rocking a perm, a la Mike Brady? Will Wes Parker, the ghost of Don Drysdale, and Joe Namath show up to give the team a pep talk?
Here are some other "Brady Bunch" plotlines that just might work for the Yankees this October:
* A model volcano explodes at Yankee Stadium to thwart a Twins rally.
* The new "God Bless America" singer: Davy Jones!
* Best pre-game meal: Pork chops and apple sauce. That's swell!
* Forget the team going from the hotel to the ballpark by bus. Station wagons are the way to go -- until gold prospector Jim Backus steals the vehicle, that is!
* Yanks get revenge against Carl Pavano -- first by telling him, "Baby talk, baby talk, it's a wonder you can walk," then by "accidentally" trapping him in Sam the Butcher's meat locker.
Geez, let's hope that the necklace A.J. Burnett wears around his neck doesn't secretly have a tiki idol attached, or all is doomed, anyway!
Do you have any "Brady Bunch" anecdotes to contribute? Tell us about it!